Sunday, March 31, 2013

Energy much?

Bruce Springsteen has it in spades! Why, you ask? Well he's clearly doing not only what he loves, but doing it at the absolute top of his game. While I can't aspire to a stellar singing career (mostly due to being tone deaf), what I can do is be the best 'me' possible, something I am just coming to finally begin to understand, a bit like a curtain has been drawn aside, and by taking a peek into the depths of Bruce Springsteen, I'm grasping exactly what it means to be all of onesself.

 


If he can be 63 and as fit as he is, there is no excuse for my lazy behaviour regarding my weight, none. I may not ever in my life have the energy he puts into performances however I can do a damned sight better than I do now! I can be thin, how thin remains to be seen, but I am absolutely able and capable of getting the caloric restriction and exercise needed! It's my choice. In talking about being thin, I do not aspire to be 'model like' or thin for the acceptance of others. This is totally about being healthy enough to play with my children, to live into my dotage and to enjoy it all as much as possible, without the health challenges that go with being overweight.

For me, what to do to earn money is not as simple, although the principle of finding something you love, then fostering your ability through seeking the highest quality feedback is certainly borne true when witnessing the incredible E Street Band. I especially like watching Tom Morello's mind get blown as Bruce and the band teach him their craft! But Springsteen's history shows that he has not only studied the greats of entertainment, but has from the beginning, thrown himself into a situation of not only seeking feedback (through competitions and companions), but surrounded himself with the dedication of peer review from the incredible E Street Band. He has in his early career shaped his future by shaping his musical companions.

So the process of writing down my feelings has taken some time, during which I already feel the fading of the bards energy as real life invades :(


No comments:

Post a Comment