Monday, March 18, 2013

Getting Advice - the upshot of motivational Thursday

So last Thursday, which will now be known as 'motivational Thursday', one of my lessons learnt was that I needed to seek feedback in order to succeed. Today I put that part of the key to success into action!

Very recently a friend said to me "You are your own worst enemy when it comes to cleaning up". Harsh criticism. So I thought that was the ideal place to begin my quest for feedback.

When clarified, her statement about being my own worst enemy was indicative of the way I get sidetracked, and don't stay on task. Personally the only reason I can agree with her, is through this blog, I see myself constantly swopping 'jobs' around, not finishing or focussing on what I intended to do.  I still get stuff done, but I don't get the thorough results from staying on task.

So, given that I was inspired to clean our entry beyond my typical mop the floor so its all done type of clean, I jumped right in and asked advice on what she would do in our entry to improve it. In a state of half pride I had to explain that the floor was free of clutter and there was currently nothing in the room that glaringly didn't belong! (that is embarrassing to admit!)

Her thoughts were thus:

Get in a Expedit bookcase like this one:

As it turns out I bought a very similar thing from Bunnings! Looks pretty much like the one above. I think my husband bought white.

To store all the knick knacks, schoolbags and sports bags and other gear that we need within easy access of the front door.  This means that the hutch we already have in the room will have to go, and I'm going to try this on for size, because, as the article says, success requires focus and feedback.

So the plan is to get on top of all the current things (at the moment mostly that is the pile of clean clothes); and get stuck into transforming the entry.

We'll see how I go, another project to keep everyone posted on. I think this kind of proves my friend's point about not sticking to one project!

No comments:

Post a Comment