Thursday, June 6, 2013

Regaining happiness - Bruce

It is a very easy thing to recognise Bruce Springsteen as a major contributing factor to the wave of happiness I experienced since his concerts in March.  What is more difficult is reconciling that momentary high with the ongoing demands of daily life. But I need to believe it is possible, for the sake of sanity!

For a little while there I lost the enthusiasm of playing and replaying songs; I was getting increasingly jealous of the lucky Europeans enjoying their concerts more and more. 

And then I realised that all I needed to do to reclaim the good feeling was to re-live it, including all the song hunting on the net, the mixing up songs and albums into different playlists and finding new songs to enjoy.

I've been experimenting with playing his songs by alphabetical order, with some incredible results!  Quite a few are thoroughly enjoyable back-to-back, although sometimes there is a desperate need to stop the nonsense and go back to playing his albums in the order they are so carefully arranged!!

It is hard to balance the excitement for my 'bruce buds' with the extreme disappointment and jealousy at not seeing him at all in Europe this year; but incredibly, youtube and photos that come through from the tour work a treat to keep the energy alive.

Its his live performances that stand out, as so many reviewers point out, and all his fans know, at least once they've been to a live show!

I'll leave you with a piece of recent enjoyable motivation courtesy of Bruce Springsteen and his remarkable fans.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can really relate to this! I feel the same when the band are in the US although I appreciate it must be harder with you guys not getting dates as often. haven't tried playing in alphabetical order but that's a good idea - why not eh!!

    ReplyDelete