Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Music heals - Impressions of Queen + Adam Lambert

What a spectacular night! After so many Springsteen concerts all the pre-concert business was straightforward. I even managed to nab myself a 'cup' to decant my water bottle into (they didn't search my bag, so I arrived inside with a water bottle, plus lid, but little chance of keeping it with the crazy volume of security folk) But enough about me!

From the moment when the curtain began its strange edging forward on the stage, I was mesmerised by how much more 'stage crafted' this show was going to be than my recent experiences. 


I traveled through time with 39, to Radio Ga Ga,  Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Bohemian Rhapsody, thanks to the magic that is this beast known as Queen + Adam Lambert.

I rocked and sang to We Will Rock You, Find my Somebody to Love and Fat Bottomed Girls.

And I cried and laughed. 

What a wondrous thing it is that the world has been blessed with Adam Lambert so that we could all see some of the special magic of Queen, Roger Taylor's incredible vocals and Brian May's unparalleled guitar solos.   The giant mirror ball reflected the wonder perfectly, as did the stagecraft during the whole night.




Thank you Queen and Adam for visiting Brisbane tonight & sharing your gifts with us. I am feeling truly blessed.

P.S.  Brisbane Crowd - I am extremely proud of the fact that none of you on the floor level seating sat down for the whole concert! well done! Now we just need to educate those in tiered seating about what a Rock concert is about!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment